Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Thought...

So, this semester is going to be interesting.
On Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays; Four classes, one right after the other, so I'll be in class from 8am to 12pm.

Thursdays, I'll be in a Spanish lab, from 8am to just 9, but I'll have to stay for a few hours since I'm carpooling with friends.

On Mon and Wed, most likely going to be past 3 or so before I get home, Thursday, home by 1, Fridays, home by 1 as well.

That leaves me with free time with comics, and hopefully, for blogging, well...theoretically....


Here is the idea, I have, once again, nabbed a large amount of comics, and this time I have even more free time on certain days.

So, provided school doesn't kick my butt(which it just might this semester), I have developed a plan to update this place regularly.

Ready? Most likely I'll be blowing through these books in quick secession, I always do, and I will use the free time to make a post about that, or any other things I wish to talk about.

In fact, here's a new review for you all right now.
Captain America : Road to Reborn
The last TPB before the latest Captain America miniseries, Reborn, which covers Issues 49-50, and 600-601.

Bet that confuses a few of you out there, how the heck did it switch from issue number 50, all the way to 600?
Well, you gotta love Marvel's renumbering system.
The current Cap America is a new volume series(I think like Vol 5 or something like that), so it technically has been in production for decades. Well, what Marvel just did was calculate how many issues of Cap has come out since they ended Vol 1, and then make the current issue reflect that number.
So there we have it, Cap is renumbered to 600, and then you have an awesome Anniversary issue to plan!

In regards to the story, there aren't anymore accolades I can give Ed Brubaker. His work is amazing! He has a knack for great storytelling(when its something he has a clear idea to work on, otherwise you have another Uncanny X-men fiasco..more on that on another time), and he knows how to keep you hooked in order to come back for the next issue.
This particular trade, though, involves a few stories around the new Cap, and a remembrance on the death of the original Cap. Honestly, its the weakest issues of his tenure, but even at his 'weakest,' the book is still entertaining.
I believe that these stories were weak because they are now preparing for the return of the original Cap, and since Marvel decided to turn that into a special miniseries(instead of just leaving it in the main book, as was the original plan), Brubaker is now spending these issues laying out the groundwork for that big story.
So, it was 'meh,' but then it was still decent enough to read.
I'd reccomend buying this, especially if you've been buying the others, especially since this is a primer to Reborn.


Hah! See, new review!

And, because I'm still bored and feel like talking some more, lets do a few more things....

-Reboot of the Spiderman movie franchise-

Well...it was bound to happen eventually. Tobey is getting older, the cast and crew are getting more expensive to maintain, so the studio has come to realize its time to cut their losses with the old team and go for a reboot.
Sigh, the current group hasn't even lasted a decade.

Yes, yes the last movie wasn't anywhere near as good as the first two.
I, of course, still enjoyed it, but whatever.

While, I am a bit saddened that they pulled the current crew, especially since as recent as Monday it was revealed that John Malkovich(ZOMG)was cast as a villain. GAH!
There is an upside to this, as long as its done right.
They are starting over, with Peter still in high school, which allows for more stories, and ties it into the current Ultimate Spider-man series. That has potential!
Also, this way they can make more movies.

It all depends on who they choose to direct it, who they decide for the role(I can't, for the life of me, think of anyone that can play a high school Peter...anyone have any thoughts on this?), and of course, the script itself.

So, what does that mean? It means I have no real major opinion about this reboot, because it is way too early to tell. It sucks that they kicked out the old crew, but we all knew it was going to happen eventually.

All we can do...is sit and wait.

Oh well, though, we still got Iron Man 2....Kick-Ass....Thor(starting principal photography now)...Captain America.....so I'm good!

In other movie news, Bryan Singer will now direct the new X-men Origins movie! WOOHOO!
If you don't really know, Bryan directed X-men and X-2, also, X-men 3 sucked balls(and what a surprise, it was rushed AND different director...bad juju)so its cool that he will be directing the prequel movie, which reveals the origins of the original class of X-men...saaaaaawweeeeeet!

Alrighty, stay tuned for more updates soon!

No comments: