Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Round for My Friends Over Here!

Well, I'm now finishing day one of my two day 'weekend.' It sucks, though, as I planned on playing this one game, inFamous, for the two days. Well...that didn't pan out well. I finished it all in one day.

Well. Crap.


Anywho, while I try to figure out what I should do for the next day, here are a few reviews for you!

JLA Vol 5 - Justice For All

Essentially three separate story-arcs within this book. It is actually pretty huge! The main stories by Grant Morrison feature the JSA, and his re imagining 0f the imps from the 5th dimension! From this point, this is basically just 'filler' until Morrison's final arc, which happens to be in the next volume. It was an ok read I suppose. The artist, Howard Porter, has a problem with Wildcat and Batman. As in, he tends to make Wildcat look like Batman waaaay too much.
The other stuff involved in this arc? Kinda blah. They give service to a few of the DC storylines of the day, such as Batman's No Man's Land stuff and Flash's crisis.

So...it was ok....but not great.

Hulk Vol 2 - Red and Green
Ok, ok, now I'm just enjoying this. Its pure crap! It really is, but I can't stop reading. I think I figured out why...Its like a mindless action movie. You just turn off your brain and watch the awesome explosions! The problem is, I think Loeb, the writer, really thinks he is writing an intriguing and mentally captivating book. So a lot of things try to turn your brain back 'on,' but if you do you'll just start to get ticked off due to all the stupid crap in this book.
Arthur Adams and Frank Cho do the art duties for this volume. Essentially, when this book came out monthly, they were actually two stories per book, with Arthur Adams dealing with the story with the main Hulk...and Wendigos....in Vegas.... and then there is Frank Cho doing the art for the Lady Liberators, led by She-Hulk, trying to beat the crap out of the Red Hulk.
Both are awesome artists that were given a story that tailors to their talents. For Arthur, its awesomely stylized fighting and monsters. For Frank Cho..its the cheese factor. He draws almost every Marvel heroine that isn't a mutant. And then throws in one mutant for good measure. Its readable. The art is phenomenal. So I was happy reading this.

Hulk Vol 3 - Hulk No More
Ah...Ed Mcguinnes is back! Its a Hulk team-up of epic proportions! Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange, and Silver Surfer versus Red Hulk, TigerShark, Terrax, and Mordo!
This happens to have the greatest line said by a villain ever, "This is the most fun I've had with my pants on!"
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It was funny, it was stupid, but still a great read mainly thanks to the awesome art.

Well..there you go. Three lovely reviews set in!
Laters.

No comments: